Today I was inspired to blog about a trend I’ve been seeing all over, online, recently. If you haven’t already seen it on the internet, there are tons of videos of various celebrities sitting down with vogue & answering 73 random questions! I thought it’d be fun to do a written form of a collection of 73 questions, to ask myself, & let you know the answers! These questions range from super surface level to actually pretty deep, & a little all telling. I hope you enjoy reading my answers to these questions & I’d love to know your own thoughts on my answers, if you agree, relate, or anything in between- even your own answers! Leave your feedback in the comments & lets chat!
1. What are you most excited about these days? My future, the possibilities. I’m gassed about my own potential, I know I’m just barely scratching the surface, that if I apply myself, work hard, stay focused, & stay committed to my mission- I can really do anything I dream of.
2. What’s your favorite holiday? I’m really not a super big “holiday” person, but if I did have to choose one in particular I enjoy the most vibes about it would definitely be Christmas! I love a good hot apple cider, chilly winter vibes, the smell of a real Christmas tree, & all the love + giving vibes!
3. Favorite season? I don’t have a favorite season in particular considering Hawai’i is “summer” all year-long. But I do really love winter in Hawaii, & else where they actually experience the fullness of the season. Also love summer because I’m a summer baby & summer always brings back good memories from my early years after graduating high school.
4. Where does one go on a perfect road trip? I have no idea, to be honest. I would say a scenic one would be the best- at least for me. I’ve only “road tripped” from Pennsylvania to New York & Vegas to Los Angeles!
5. What is the best activity when home on a rainy day? Blogging & Netflix! Definitely, & snuggling up with my cats.
6. If you could switch lives with someone for a day who would it be? Kylie Jenner! Being a billionaire must be the wildest feeling. But just for a day because I can only imagine how insane her life really is.
7. What is the best thing that happened this year? The opportunities I’ve been receiving to grow my makeup artistry business, as well as the opportunities to model- that’s a big milestone for me, I’ve been asked here & there over the years, but since this year has started I’ve had a surprising amount of offers to model. I took it as a sign it’s time to try it out & get out of my comfort zone about it. This year is all about pushing myself outside my comfort zone!
8. What’s your favorite wild animal & why? Lions, they’re extremelly primal. They’re strategic, prideful, loyal, & down right f*cking savage. They’re the King’s & Queen’s of the wild, & they let it be known exactly why.
9. What’s your favorite exercise? I despise all forms of exercise, like I really have to be disciplined & force myself. But if I did have to choose, I’d say the elliptical & the stair master because we have booty goals to achieve, duh.
10. Best way to decompress? A glass of moscato or Rosé & a hot Epsom salt bath!
11. What’s your favorite country to visit? I’ve only been in (where I live) America & the Caribbean. The Caribbean was when I was a young girl, visiting my families beach properties there so I don’t remember too much of it. But I’m itching to travel to Europe & Bali.
12. Last country you visited? Not sure what “country” it falls under, but the Caribbean- St. Martin
13. Country you wish to visit? Europe, 100%! I’m dying to visit my family in Italy.
14. What’s your favorite ice-cream? I love chocolate, but to be super specific, Ben & Jerry’s Chocolate fudge brownie! Hands down, I could eat a tub by myself in a day.
15. If you could relate yourself the most to one TV character, who would it be? Carrie Bradshaw, undoubtedly.
16. What’s the coolest thing in the world? The fact that we are all just a little bitty teeny tiny speck in the entire universe, & that anything we could have been created to be & entered this world as- God chose me to be a human!
17. What is the cutest thing in the world? Seeing love & kindness between animals, animals & babies, old folks still madly in love- one pushing another in a wheel chair, things like that really make my heart squeeze!
18. How do you know if you’re in love? When everything makes sense & nothing at all, all at the same time. It’s truly a feeling that words can’t do justice.
19. If you could go to any concert past or present, what would it be? Drake 1000%. & I have to see Tory Lanez too, both are bucket list concerts for sure!
20. What’s the best gift you’ve ever received? It wasn’t necessarily a “gift”. But my senior year, at my project graduation, I received a letter my dad wrote me. It’s one of the best things I’ve ever been given & those words mean so much to me, & will for the rest of my life.
21. Favorite fashion trend of all time? Vintage 80’s Chanel blazer & skirt sets. Iconic! Also high-waisted shorts / jeans / skirts.
22. What’s your favorite movie of all time? Clueless & Death Becomes Her
23. What was the movie that made you cry? Wonder, like a baby. It was such a touching movie!
24. If you could make a documentary, what would it be about? Girl bosses on their come up, no doubt.
25. If you could have one superpower what would it be? To teleport / time travel!
26. What is the skill still unmastered? It sounds so basic & “easy”- but for me, mastering when to speak, when to be quiet, what to say, & what not to say.
27. What is the best thing that happened to you today? That I woke up, alive, healthy, safe, & so did my family, friends, & loved ones.
28. Do you like surprises? Only good surprises!
29. Age you had your first kiss? I was in 8th grade, I’m pretty sure I was 13.
30. Best piece of advice you were ever given? I’ve been given such great advice over the years, but one that stands out is “If it’s too good to be true, it usually is” & “despise the free lunch”- both said from my dad. Also, “if you’re fortunate enough to make a living doing what you love, you’ve already conquered half of life’s hardest battle”- said by my Mom. Grateful for such wise & insightful parents!
31. Name one thing you learned the hard way? Oh there are far too many things I’ve learned the hard way, the list is endless on this one. 50% of everything I’ve learned has been the hard way lol unfortunately I’m very head strong & stubborn, I will ask for advice but 9/10 will always do what I want to do in the end. But if I had to just choose one lesson I learned the hard way, to not keep in touch with people time may be limited with. Not keeping in touch enough with my grandparents that passed, not asking them enough questions about their life & their experiences. Not getting to know them better.
32. What’s your favorite dessert? Molten chocolate lava cake from Chili’s is hard to beat, besides the Ben & Jerry’s chocolate fudge brownie.
33. Is there a desert you don’t like? I’m not a fan of custard at all.
34. What’s your favorite bakery? Hokulani & La Tour!
35. What’s your favorite food? Ugh so hard to choose, I’m such a foodie! But pasta & pizza 100%.
36. It’s brunch, what do you eat? If I’m at home, it’s most likely GGD avocado toast. If it’s out with the girls, most likely a good eggs benny & mimosa.
37. You are stuck on an island, you can pick one food to eat forever without getting tired of it, what would you eat? Pizza all the way.
38. Favorite color? Pink & white!
39. What’s your biggest strength? I’d have to say, being comfortable in & loving solitude. I’m not afraid to walk alone, to have my own back, to not have friends, to have to get what I want on my own, to not have support. I really am my own rock, to toot my horn. I’m very proud of my independence & the comfort I find in being my own lover, friend, support system, solider, & more IF I have to.
40. What do you usually order in Starbucks? Caramel macchiato, hot.
41. What is your spirit animal? A lion, for sure. I’m a true Leo, lioness.
42. What’s your Kryptonite? Aires have proven to be my Kryptonite, time & time again. They either bring out the very best in me or the very worst. They can bring out my destructive & irrational/impulsive side in me.
43. What’s the next book you plan on reading? The War of Art, by Steven Pressfield
44. What do you love in your pizza? Thick crust, maybe even a little cheese filled. Lots of cheese, mushrooms, garlic, & chicken!
45. Favorite drink? Funny enough it’s a tie between a green juice medley & moscato.
46. Dark chocolate or milk chocolate? Milk, 100000%!
47. What do you notice about someone when you first meet them? Their energy, smile, & eyes.
48. Favorite type of flower? I love roses, all roses, but white & pink are my favorite. I love peonies too.
49. What’s your biggest weakness? Ignoring my intuition or what I know in my heart to be true, & holding on to things I need to let go of.
50. Least favorite food? Carrots & raw onions! Yuck!
51. What’s one fact about you that majority of people don’t know or you don’t share? That I’m a dream empath.
52. If you had a tattoo where would it be? I have two tattoos, one behind my neck & one on my back.
53. To be or not to be? To be, most definitely.
54. Last gift you gave someone? This past weekend I visited my best friend at work & surprised her with a pair of lashes from a new brand she’s never tried before.
55. How do you like your coffee? With vanilla creamer, a little salted caramel syrup, brown sugar. YUM.
56. What’s your favorite curse word? F-bombs all day. Yikes.
57. What color of dress did you wear to prom? The favorite one that I wore was white!
58. Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds, of course.
59. Cheap shampoo or expensive? Expensive, duh. But for cheap, only L’Oréal Damage repair shampoo + conditioner.
60. Blow dry or air dry? I love a bomb blow out.
61. Heels or flats? A girl like me has gotta have both.
62. Pilates or yoga? I’ve actually never tried Pilates before so I can’t really say, but I do love a good Bikram sauna yoga.
63. Jogging or swimming? Swimming! I hate running in any form.
64. One thing you can’t live without? My faith, 100%- with out it, I wouldn’t have the desire to get through hard times & live life here on earth.
65. Which historical figure would you want to have coffee with? Jesus, no doubt.
66. What’s a funny or embarrassing fact about you? Literally can’t spell scissors or restaurant to save my life (obvi had to spell check for this) restaurant isn’t that bad but scissors I fail at time & time again LOL.
67. What’s your favorite sport? I use to love volleyball a lot growing up, it’s still one of my favorite sports to watch.
68. Do you have a morning beauty ritual? Of course- cleanse with my foreo Luna mini + Indee lee cleanser, tone with Thayers Witch Hazel pads, apply Laneige lip sleeping mask, apply La Mer Renewal oil, & I’ve been loving La Mer’s eye concentrate lately!
69. What’s your favorite thing to wear? An over sized boyfriend T & Sweats or high-waisted cotton shorts/tights.
70. What’s the priciest thing you’ve ever splurged on? My car, my Mazda 6
71. If you could go back to school, would you choose the same major? I loved being an English major, but I think if I were to go back I would major in marketing & minor in English!
72. What is your favorite book of all time? I Shouldn’t Be Telling You This by Kate White
73. Best 3 words to describe you? Empathetic, Resilient, soulful.